Write daily! Every day, some how some way. Here is a start to that.
I was pondering the beginning of this new year, as we all do our new resolutions–does it ever change or make things better? I want it to be.
I want to be more intentional in so many areas that are an essential part of my life. Things that need to be a part of my life and also the things that need to be eliminated from my life that are toxic.
I spent my first day of the year waking up with the group morning prayer on Facebook live. Went back to sleep for a bit and rose up to begin the grind.
What are some of the things that are always on my list…better health (body, soul & spirit). Then the year continues and we eventually tack on the junk here and the junk there. Before you know it, we’ve just repeated the same insanity way of living because of habits.
- BREAK HABITS! Habits that weaken my body, soul and spirit. Meaning – food, everything I consume that will nurture this body, soul & spirit. I have to feed it the right things. Healthy meals, consistent regimen, positive thoughts, improved relationships and a deep pattern of study for the mind. Prayer, fastings OFTEN and reading of the Word with spiritual and professional growth books.
- DON’T QUIT! Keep doing the things that are healthy for me. Repetition and intentionality of all the above. I can’t quit, I can’t slack and I can’t take these lengthy breaks or vacations from the things that will improve and create healthy habits.
- REST & RELAXATION! Why can’t I rest the way I need to at this age and season of life? So be it, I will do it. I am going to sleep my adequate hours, take my lovely naps that I love when I need rest. I am going to pamper myself, dress well and organized. I am going to factor in my spa time. It is that necessary. Especially when I need to disconnect to connect. This is a vital.
- BE PURPOSEFUL! If it doesn’t serve the overall goal or purpose for my life then cut it out. Remove it. Skip it. Don’t do it. Don’t entertain it. Nothing negative –ABORT anything that tries to attach itself to the womb of my body, soul and spirit that would try to bring me decrease or harm. De-clutter, throw away all junk. Rid yourself. Health FIRST! That’s my resolution–that’s my agenda for 2019!
- BE CREATIVE! That means doing all the things I love to do, write, journal, design, organize my home, work space and everywhere I go. Spend the time to invest in my creativity, let it out and pour it out. These are the things that help me to be authentic. I have a lot to give and it is never to hold it back. Create the environment, the setting, the atmosphere, the mood and the things that reflect the love of God and the beauty of nature.
Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!
Hebrews 12:1-3 The Message Translation
May this be a glorious year where we see the impossible become possible… that chains, habits and all toxicity be broken. Anything that wearies us be detached and replaced with STRENGTH!
Let us grow like never before and fully flourish in 2019. ❤