More than one church He said….
We have already doubled. God is good.
From Pastor Yeskeila Rivera
Emmanuel International Ministries
In order to activate those gifts that God gives, you must become connected.
Connections lead to power, overall connections lead to increase.
WHO ARE YOU CONNECTED TO?
The Call of Elisha
So Elijah went from there and found Elisha son of Shaphat. He was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen, and he himself was driving the twelfth pair. Elijah went up to him and threw his cloak around him. Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. “Let me kiss my father and mother goodbye,” he said, “and then I will come with you.”
“Go back,” Elijah replied. “What have I done to you?”
So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his servant.
1 Kings 19:19-21 (New International Version)
Eight Characteristics found in Elisha:
- Chosen by God. Found by divine direction. He was a WORKING man, wealthy and didn’t really have to work. He was in the 12th line. He was young. He was bald. This detail was irrelevant to the call over his life.
God doesn’t choose them because they are fit.
God fits them because He has chosen them!
God sees the ways, the heart of man and He sees our motives right along with the actions of our thoughts. God knows why we do what we do.
- Engaged, once he was called and anointed, he engaged in his service. He was not idle. He left everything to serve the prophet.
- Dedicated to God!!! He showed himself to be completely dedicated. Once anointed…. he sacrificed the oxen. He made a decision and didn’t leave the door open to go back to his former life. Luke 9 states that he who looks back is not worthy. We can’t look back. If we do, we are not fit for the kingdom. If you can’t let go, you are not fit for the kingdom. Your past is like an anchor holding the ship still in the water.
- Motivations were aligned with the word of God. Sit down and count the costs before you commit yourself. Elisha needed to say goodbye because he knew!!! He fed everybody. He celebrated his ministry. This was evidence of God’s effectual call… a heart made willing to respond!
Pastor Yeskeila said, “I am afraid to do this. I get nervous. But I came to the conclusion that MINISTRY IS GREATER THAN MY FEAR AND PUSH PASSED IT TO SERVE A MIGHTY GOD!”
WOW, BY GRACE WE ARE ABLE TO SUBDUE EVERY THING that tries to hinder us.
- Humble, Elisha like David was anointed way before the palace; way before the ministry. He understood to take advantage of this opportunity and serve. There may be tough words that come from your pastor but know that the word serves to edify your life.
- He was hardworking. In the field, he was plowing. This demonstrated that he had character. In the 12th line he was found which the number signifies God’s power and authority!!! He didn’t know he was walking in it. He just started working!
- A servant! Places himself at the disposal of another. Iron sharpens IRON!!! Elisha served to advance the ministry of Elijah. Deuteronomy 33 details the sons of Isaacar. They are primary cultivators! They have ability and disposition to serve and that opened the door to God’s blessing over their life. Whatever they were told, they did it. As a result, the blessing came upon them. Obedience is a major factor in the house of the Lord.
- He was loyal, he had an intimate relationship with Elijah. He referred to him as father. He was able to respectfully align with authority.
This is what it means to be engaged to the call. Take on these characteristics and God will be obligated to bless you.
This is a story of a master of networking. Because of this, the ministry of Elisha was extended. In time he would reach many…. that is powerful.
We want to leave a mark but most of us have yet to scratch the surface with our spiritual leaders. It is not just to be effective but CONSISTENT. If you are consistent this demonstrates your dependability.
If you want power, tap into that servants (pastors) anointing. You want to be influential? Tap in. Idleness leads to impotence. Isolation leads to impotence. You must work. You must serve!
June 6th, 2016 at 3:10 pm
This is POWERFUL!!! TAP IN, is All you need to do!
June 6th, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Definitely powerful. I took notes myself. We need to connect to those who will lift you and help you in your walk with God.